Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Getting very close!

So we are only 18 days away from IM Cozumel, and George and I are starting to get really excited!

Sunday, we had a HUGE workout! 2000yd swim, 4hr bike ride, and 20 mile trail run. It was TOUGH! Seriously it was tough. But it was also great. An amazing confidence builder! We both had great workouts, and left feeling ready to tackle this race.

Some joy way brought to me on this day by pretzel M&M's. I am all for practicing race nutrition, but I am also all for having a little fun. This is my THIRD 140.6 this year, so I have to mix it up some!


I was very worried about the run. That is a LONG way to go, and it was on TOUGH trails. But we both did it! It was my best 20 miler on those trails ever--including all of my stand alone 20's on those trails. That has to be a good sign!


Monday, I went to see the nutitionist that I work with, and it was all good news. I am making progress towards my goals, AND I can add some more chocolate into my week. Like I said, all good news!


I have even cooked some really fun things lately--Pumpkin risotto, slow cooker cherry almond steel cut oats, some great veggie chilli--yum. Gotta take the time to fuel the training, right?

So we both have one more weekend with some long stuff, but the single long days are over.

Now, we are both doing lots of research about things to do and eat and see while we are there!

Very exciting!

1 comment:

  1. wooooo woooooooo wooooooo! You guys are awesome! This is a very exciting month for you both. Take tons of pictures reenacting the race. after the race. =)

    ReplyDelete