Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Double IRON Tracking Information

Since we are taking off for this adventure very soon, I thought I would put some tracking information up!



*************************************************************************
The Race:

The race starts Friday at 7am in Tampa, Florida. It is 4.8 miles swimming in a 50m pool. Following that is a 224 mile ride. There is a little at the beginning to get from the pool to the course, and then there are 30 loops of a 6.8 mile ride. Finally, is the double marathon, or 52.4 mile run on a 1.7 mile loop. The clock is continuous, so my motto is "Constant Forward Motion."

***************************************************************************

The Crew Breakdown:

Anne is the Crew Chief, and Will is my coach. Together, they will be focused on executing the many pages of instructions I give them. Nancy will be their go-to girl for loading bottles and taking care of the crew!

George and Sparkles have cheered for me before, and they are seriously ready to bring their A game to this event. George is also my number one emotional support, and Sparkles will also be pacing me some on the run. They are also my "social media correspondents."

Laura is going to be my main pacer. She is ready for anything! We have been training together a ton, and she is prepared to do as many of the steps with me as she can!! What a rockstar.

And then we have some more additions to the party! Leslie may come with chocolate cake and friends to pace and cheer. John, Laura's husband, will be joining us to cheer and be a helping hand! Scott Rigsby, endurance athlete and inspiring speaker (wrote the book Unthinkable), will be travelling down with John to pace and cheer Friday night and Saturday morning. Candler, George's cousin, and his wife Emily, who live in Tampa, will be making a cheering appearance too! Jill is actually crewing Dani and Jason (who are amazing athletes that I can't wait to share a course with!), but seeing her smiling face will make me SO happy! Dan will be volunteering, but he is an awesome triathlete we met in Cozumel who just can't wait to see this thing go down!

I am SO honored to have so many people who love and support me enough to spend a weekend watching me go in circles in Florida. I don't know how to even begin to say thank you. I am starting by bringing freshly baked goodies to Florida for you to eat!

*************************************************************************
If you are so inclined, here are some places you can look to track my progress!

Official results and progress will be posted either HERE or HERE.

Facebook: Sparkles and George will be updating Facebook with progress. They also have access to my account during the race. Here are our three pages. If you are not already friends with us and want to follow us on FB, just send request:

Kacie 

George

Sparkles

Twitter: Also great for tracking. Same three of us will be posting (well, they will be posting for me!)

Kacie

George

Sparkles

*************************************************************************

Thanks for any support and positive energy you are able to send my way! I swear that I feel it. In other races, George has read FB/Twitter comments/Texts/Emails to me when I am in a low place, and it is amazing how it effects your spirits just knowing that your friends and family are thinking of you. This is a huge new experience for me, and I can't wait to get going!

12 comments:

  1. You planning on a training ride any particular day? If the schedule permits I can come out and show you the "fast" track around Flatwoods...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Excited to hear how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great race! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOD!!!! Good luck and have fun... I'll be tracking you .. you nut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sent you FB request. Looking forward to your grand adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Kacie!! You're going to kill it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have an awesome race!!! I will be following you...Enjoy every minute of it.. I am sure you are going to do GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny...I'm not sure I'll ever finish an ironman, but the format of this more closely matches what I could do. Regardless, I think this race is CRAZY!!!! I'll be cheering for you Kacie. Good luck, have fun, and keep on moving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cant wait to track! You are going to have an awesome time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its been a blast following you and your support team all day on Facebook and Twitter and checking in. You are doing great! In complete awe!

    ReplyDelete