Monday, August 31, 2015

Not Really Feeling It

Ever have a time when you just are not feeling it? I am happy to work out, and I look forward to it. I manage to get in about 5 workouts a week right now plus plenty of walking while pushing a stroller.

I know I should find a race to train for, because I'm so goal oriented--I'm just not feeling it.

I don't want to get on my bike right now, because I'm pretty spooked about riding.

I don't want to train for a running race. Since the babies, my hips have needed more work from my chiropractor, and I just don't have the time. Plus, I tried to train for a marathon, and failed.

I don't want to swim because the pool I have access to is about to close for the season.

So what should I do?

George and I made 4 week goals for ourselves 3 weeks ago. The only thing I could come up with was to track my food. To be honest, it has made a difference, which I knew it would. I am more mindful about my eating if I know I have to write it down.

I just don't really want to race right now, which is strange for me.

Maybe I need to find a whole different thing to train for, or maybe I need to lower my expectations and just train for a 5k or something.

This was pretty much just a blog for me to try to work out why I'm not feeling inspired, and to try to find something exciting again.

1 comment:

  1. I think that having small goals is sometimes tantamount to having bigger ones! Tracking food for a while seems like an awesome goal. I know when I'm overwhelmed, my goals become things like "Make my fitbit steps today!" or "Don't eat ALL of the chocolate cake!" ;) Also, I have total confidence that you'll find your motivation and excitement again when the time is right. Goodness knows you inspire me! Hugs from MI!

    ReplyDelete