Thursday, March 21, 2013

When it starts to come together...

A lot of preparing for RAAM is hard. I'm tired. I'm worried. I'm exhuasted. I have bad workouts. I'm worried about money. I have no balance in my life.

But sometimes, it really feels like it comes together. These are some short and fleeting moments, but when they happen, they are so good. Like, really really good. As in, the world is right good. As in, almost above myself good.

I have a couple of these moments in the last week.

First, Dani and I rode the Tour de Pike. It was a windy day, and we rode hard, and we were fast.  We were together for the entire 100 miles, and it just just right. Just hard enough, just challenging enough, and we both felt amazing about it at the end. I felt good about my own riding, and I felt phenomenal about my race parter. She is incredible, and I have total faith in her.

This week has been exciting with our fundraising. It seems like we might make progress. We are feeling some faith that we are going to make it. Things are happening.

I feel like my nutrition is coming together. I am getting leaner without starving all the time. I feel like it is finally in sync with my training. After some experimenting, I know that this is going in the right direction.

My next moment was this morning. I had a really tough time waking up. I just couldn't get up. The alarm was terrible. But, since this is my life, there isn't really an option. I get up. I get on my bike. That is just what I do, whether I want to or not. So, I dragged myself to my coffee pot and then on my bike in less than 10 minutes. I did my 10 minute warm up, and then dove right into the serious meat of my workout. And it was great. I killed it. It worked. Knowing that I can go from dead sleep to pumping out some killer watts in such a short period of time gives me faith in myself.

So, this morning, after my workout, I got into the car, cranked up the music, and grinned the whole way to work--knowing deep in my soul and my entire being that we ARE going to do this.

7 comments:

  1. Love when those days just come together! You guys are doing some great prep and will be rewarded for it! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the same feeling this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome to hear it's coming together! It's no small order what your doing and if everything went smoothly with training, fundraising, etc. I'd be worried. The bumps in the road make the event more worthwhile and memorable. Do you have a fundraising page?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS!!! You girls are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I have a feeling come Sept/Oct I'm going to feel you on the "this is my life, I just do it" sentiment. Right now, I still have some sense of balance =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Kacie! It sounds like you're in the thick of it and still rocking it out! Good for you! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kacie,
    Just a quick message to ask if you would be interested in a ‘mutual’ following on twitter. I am currently following you now and am awaiting for your follow-back. (#FYI I do RT’s ‘anytime’ for all #Triathletes #Cyclists #UltraRunners #Marathoners #FitnessProfessionals who follow me on Twitter and have something important they want mentioned for support…)

    All the very best 2013 & beyond Kacie. Look forward to hearing from you…

    Darin
    twitter.com/DarinArmstrong
    #TeamLIVESTRONG

    ReplyDelete