Friday, February 1, 2013

Strava January Base Milage Blast

Strava is new to me.


If you are new to Strava, the basic idea is this: social media with your garmin files.

You do a ride or a run, you log it, you follow friends who do the same.

Now, there are plenty of people who take this REALLY seriously, but for me, it is just really fun. Training for RAAM has plenty of things that aren't fun, but getting to see how many miles you ride and compare your ride, is actually a blast.

Now, George told me that Strava was doing a Januay Base milage challenge, and that given what I am training for right now, I should join--so Join I did (along with 46,384 of my closest friends around the world).


Now that January is over, my final over all standing for this challenge is 146th place overall.




And 6th woman! Pretty cool, right?!




I hope some of these other folks who beat me are training for RAAM or resting some in February!

For me, the crazy part is that this is only month number 1 in my training!

Happy riding!

6 comments:

  1. You rock!! Love it!! So impressed with you and Dani!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd be pretty low on that list this year. i think i got about 50miles i for the entire month.

    keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAM - you are quite the B.A.! All your hard is definitely going to pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason I just haven't gone techno
    In fact I took the bike computer (my name for a speedometer) off my bike. Haven't missed it a bit!!
    Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ma'am, are awesome. Maybe in a few weeks I'll be able to join in any rides you do down this direction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're my hero! That's so cool! RAAM is going to be such an awesome experience for you. You're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete