Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Meet My Double Ironman Crew Part 4

Last night at our cycling class, my coach came in with some GREAT news! He said that his wife, Nancy (who you are about to meet) had taken off of work so that they could both come to my race next month!!! I am really excited about this! Nancy is a blast, and will bring such a great energy to the race.

Here's Nancy!!!




1. Give a quick introduction of yourself:

                My name is Nancy. I am evidence of Late On-Set Athletics and became a distance runner at the age of 35, gravitated to Triathlon a few years back, engage in other physically challenging activities, and possess a philosophy and a passion for living to the fullest extent possible. Aside from occasional distractions, I do my best to maintain an adventuresome attitude and a willingness to push the limit to what I can accomplish.

2. How do you know Kacie?



We met through Coach Will and was immediately drawn to her terrific personality and her infectious enthusiasm and zest for taking on new challenges.

3. What is your favorite type of ice cream?

Chocolate – is there any other flavor?

4. If you could fill an empty swimming pool with anything, what would it be?

Jello – Why? Because all my life up until I was 48 years old (which is when I learned to ever swim), I dreamed of being able to swim but never could due to a terrifying experience when I was very, very young that left me phobic. This was a recurring dream which always had me swimming but I merely bobbed on top of the surface like the water was “jello”. Weird, huh?

5. What is your greatest athletic accomplishment?

My first 5K; I was not athletic in school and was a former 4-1/2 pack per day smoker, weighed 220 lbs., and drank like a fish. When I had health challenges at 35, I took up running and this event changed my entire life forever.


6. What is one "creepy crawly" animal that you can't stand?

Snakes

7. Give us 3 words to describe you:

Determined
Loyal
Stubborn

8. If you were stranded on a desert island, who would you bring with you?

Probably no one

9. If you could only eat 1 meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?

NY Strip and steak-cut fries – of course, calorie-free

10. Do you have any secret talents? Party tricks? Hilarious jokes? Tell us!


… absolutely none; I’m street smart but I don’t think that is talent – just survival.

11. If you were given a yaht, what would you name it?


~ All Mine ~

12. What do you think is the worst Halloween candy?


Candy Corns

13. If you could have one super power, what would it be?


Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound – oh wait, I think I do that in my job every day.

14. If you were a professional wrestler, what would your stage name be?

Thor

15. Crunchy peanut butter or creamy?


Creamy

16. Would you rather spend a month is Antarctica or Death Valley?

Death Valley

17. What is your favorite kind of music? (there might be a playlist in the making, so feel free to add all you want!!)

Everything but I am kinda hooked on The Dave Mathews Band these days.

18. What is your next athletic adventure?
½ Iron Man

19. If Kacie were to make a treat during her taper, what would you like to have around for 24+ hours during the race?
Chocolate anything

20. What are you most looking forward to on the crewing adventure with Kacie?
Aside from the obvious seeing Kacie cross the finish line, it is feeling the energy from her throughout the event.

1 comment: